The German expert’s program took place within the time interval January, 20th– February 3rd, 2014 and it involved the following activities:
– becoming familiar with the Romanian educational system;
– identifying the strong and weak points of using e-learning systems in the educational activities at the National College of Computer Science, Piatra-Neamţ;
– building an educational platform that will be used by the students and teachers of the college;
– making a training session with the teachers of all specialties in the college, in order to improve the use of e-learning.
1. The activity of becoming familiar with the Romanian educational system was done by means of the exchange of experience with the teachers of the “Gh. Cartianu” Technical College, Piatra- Neamţ and of the Technical College of Transportation, Piatra-Neamţ, by means of direct communication with the headmasters of the 3 colleges and by means of cultural exchange with the History, Geography and Foreign Languages teachers.
2. In order to identify the strong and weak points of using e-learning systems in the educational activities at the National College of Computer Science, Piatra-Neamţ the SES expert assisted in lessons from different curricular areas, in which IT means and educational softs were used. These subjects were as follows:
– Biology: the teacher, Mrs. Alina Sauciuc taught the students in the X-th D class, the lesson “Determining the blood groups and the EKG”. The resources used were: the computers from the bilogy lab, sensors and specific materials.
– Computer Science: Mr. Gheorghe Manolache analyzed together with the students from his CDS (optional class) “Java script” a series of projects, demonstration applications preparing for the exam of certifying computer skills at Informatics.
– Chemistry: the teacher, Mrs. Mariana Fronea taught the students in the X-th F class, the lesson “Alkenes- properties”, consolidating knowledge by means of practical and virtual experimental activities, Power Point presentations, watching a film with experimental activity, virtual and practical experiments.
– The German language: the teacher, Mrs. Câmpeanu Brânduşa had with the students in the classes Vth B and IXth A lessons of interaction between students and guest, conversations in German, teaching adverbial pronouns and practical online exercises.
– The French language: the teacher, Mrs. Raluca Ene had with the students in the XIth D a lesson based on team-work, where the students used the laptops and the Microsoft Surface Tablets from the Phare lab, in order to connect to the internet and organize a virtual trip in a series of towns from France.
– Geography: the teacher, Mr. Octav Preisler taught the students in the VIIIth B class, the the lesson “Romania’s hydrography”, in which the AEL soft (including simulations, animations, pedagogical games) was used.
– Physics: : the teacher, Mrs. Carmen Florescu together with the students who took part in the workshop ”Physics, a starting point for universal knowledge” presented their work during this activity: “Fractals”, The Brownian Motion”, essays on scientific themes, posters, Power Point presentations and the project of the new “ELI-NP” laser which is built on the Măgurele Platform, Bucharest.
– Philosophy: the headmaster, Mrs. Daniela Neamţu had the students from the XIIth A class present their films on the topic: “Evaluating the Unit: Liberty”, after having worked in teams.
At the end of each class, Mr. Karl-Heinz Flammersfeld had conversations with the students and teachers about the educational system and the job market.
3. Mr. Karl-Heinz Flammersfeld, together with the college’s IT specialist Mr. Ovidiu Nechita developed an educational and social networking service using the phpBB technology, which was posted on the college’s site at the address http://cni.nt.edu.ro/forum.
4. The teachers of the college were instructed on how to use the newly created platform: how to register on the platform, how to create and administer a user group, how to post teaching materials and tasks for students, how to communicate directly with the students and other teachers, each teacher having the right to be the administer of their own subject.
As a result of the analysis of the activities that took place, together with the recommendations given by Mr. Karl-Heinz Flammersfeld, the teachers and the students in our college will get involved in collaborative activities, using the newly created platform. In this way, the results of their actions will bring benefits for all the parties involved.