Why the Informatics Olympiad in Team were born?
- The primary objective is to stimulate the interest of young people in Computer Science and Information Technologies alongside to Personal Computer Olympiad.
- More and more often, the work world operates in contexts in which working groups (or teamwork) are made up to carry out specific projects or activities. The ability to work in groups, therefore, becomes a prerequisite for all those who move in the current labor market. Today’s organizations, as a matter of fact, aim a lot for group work as a strategy to achieve better results under collective talents of the team, the ability of members to support each other to overcome the difficult times, the ability to multiply the options thanks to the creativity that comes from the comparison of different ideas. The teamwork skill becomes a requirement by companies that select personnel, but not only; assuming that in all workplaces, or nearly so, you need to interface with other people to carry on your own activities, it is clear that establish this capability could lead to a better life working environment and improve the level of performance.
Why in Team?
- It is a requirement for the labour market
- Mutual support in case of difficulty
- Creativity that comes from the comparison of different ideas
How does it work?
- Zero costs for schools
- The same language for all (English)
- Each team is composed by 4 students and 2 reserves, students are not interchangeable between teams
- The contestants are students enrolled in a school for secondary education/high school, in the country they are representing, during at least September- December in the year before IOIT and who are not older than 20 on July 1st of the year of IOIT. A team can include no more than one awarded contestant of the National Individual Olympiad in Informatics in the previous year.
- 4 on line national competitions: all nations can have the same problems in the same dates (honesty will be guarantee by the Nation Leader School), but each Nation must have its own online platform
- 1 final national competition in presence
- 1 final international competition in presence: 1-2 best teams per each Nation